Saturday, December 13, 2014

Final: Part B

I really liked this class and I am glad I took it because I learned a lot about Germany’s history that we did not learn about in high school as well as how Germany is today. I learned a lot about the history of the German states and how Germany got to where it is now. I learned how Germany is made up of 16 states that each have their own unique background as well. I learn very interesting things of the Hanseatic League, the Deutsche Hanse, and how people traded during the middle ages. Then I really like the book “All Quiet on the Western Front” because instead of just talking about how the war was, it brought us into the war. It showed us how it was like for the people in the war and helped us understand the “Lost Generation.” Then I learned about Anthroposophy, the start of gymnastics, and the food in Germany. The movie “Berlin Calling” showed me into the life of dubstep and we also talked about other music in Germany in class. I learned about important people and events that went on in Germany in the 18th through 21st centuries which was very cool. The last thing we learned about was the Baader Meinhof Complex. This was a very interesting movie because I never knew about any of this terrorist group or even heard of them. I do not think this class needs to change at all because it was different from any other class I had had. The way this class was set up with blog posts was fun and made us learn more on the information we learned in class by researching it outside of class. You taught us very well and you know so much about Germany it is crazy. I really enjoyed your class and I am glad I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment